Thursday 8 July 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos in Tena - Ecuador



























I thought I would share some snaps from my 25th in Tena... I was spoilt with a stunning day on the river, trinkets from the market, exotic flowers cut from the river banks; not to mention the birthday cake of dreams.

As Pete said, kayaking is just the best fun - we passed gold panners, waterfalls, tackled new rapids and ended the days paddling we pulled into a little river town Misahualli to check out the resident cheeky monkeys.

In the evening we celebrated with some fab guys we met along our way in Ecuador (John, Jorgen, Sean, Gideon, Franzica) and who really sweetly said they would meet us in Tena for birthday celebrations and treated me to the cake. After steaks all round for dinner, we set off to Spider Bar down on the river to meet John, Jaime and the other local guides for cocktails and to share the love of the gigantic yummy cake - Tengo mucho suerte (very lucky)!

No comments:

Post a Comment